In preparation of moving to a hybrid learning model on October 19th we are preparing this page to be a home base for all of COVID related news/updates. Please utilize this page to get your questions answered and if you are in need of clarifying information contact your student's building.
If you have any general school related COVID questions we highly suggest calling the COVID-19 information line at 888.338.3821. Your can view the full flyer under the COVID Information section.
The following informaiton is provided in the table below:
- Positive COVID-19 cases within the last 14 days
- Current number of close contacts that have been quarantined out of an abundance of caution
- Close contacts are defined as those within a cohort AND within one seat of proximity on a bus, in a classroom, in a cafeteria, or a contact that has spent time nearby in a recess activity.
- Example: If a student is confirmed positive with COVID-19, close contacts will identified as the following, if applicable to bus riders or those partaking in meals in the cafeteria:
- Classroom: student in front, behind, on each side and at each diagonal = up to 8 close contacts if all seats are occupied
- Bus (if applicable): students in same row, one row behind, two rows in front and same row across aisle = up to 23 if all seats are occupied (Note: if appropriate seating is not maintained, students from entire bus could be quarantined)
- Cafeteria (if applicable): student in front, behind, on each side and at each diagonal = up to 8 close contacts if all seats are occupied
- Number of students in a specific building during a regular school day minus the number of close contacts who are in quarantine out of an abundance of caution.
The Nine Mile Falls School District will communicate in writing to all students within a school if there is a positive case in that school. Parents will receive one of three communications that will be sent via email or phone call, depending on their child's proximity to a person who tested positive: (1) to those identified as a close contact of the person who tested positive, (2) to those within the same classroom but not identified as a close contact of the person who tested positive, and (3) to those within that school, but not in the same classroom nor identified as a close contact of the person who tested positive.
Schools: Confirmed Cases (Past 14 Days) Close Contacts in Quarantine Number of Students Attending In-Person Nine Mile Falls Elementary 0 0 0 Lake Spokane Elementary 0 0 0 Lakeside Middle School 0 0 0 Lakeside High School 1 12 0