Lakeside and Local ScholarshipsWho can apply? Look for your class icon!S - SeniorsJ - JuniorsSo - Sophomores
F - FreshmenLocal ScholarshipsMany scholarship essay questions remain the same year to year. Find the scholarships for which you qualify and start working on the essays even before they open.
**The scholarships with deadlines listed are open now.
See Mrs. Dallabetta in the LHS College and Career Center for help!
WSPE Engineering Scholarships S Deadline: Feb. 3, 2020
- Must reside in Spokane County
- Six $4000 Scholarships
- Student wants to enter an engineering college next year
- Minimum SAT Math Score: 600 Minimum SAT Reading/Writing: 580
- Avg. GPA Grades 10 and 11: Minimum 3.0
Innovia FoundationDeadline: March 2, 2020
Awards more than 100 scholarships per year to Washington state and northern Idaho students.
Complete one application to be considered for several awards.
Some Innovia Foundations Scholarships for Spokane and Stevens County Students:Lucille Hudon Scholarship S
Eileen Hutchison Scholarship S
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in the last two years of secondary education
- Have resided for two years in one of the following counties: Spokane, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, or Stevens Counties, WA: or Kootenai, Shoeshone, Bonner or Boundary Counties
Bess Mikalson Scholarship S
- Female students only
- Resident of Stevens County, Washington
- You are pursuing training in the medical health field
- Based on academics, financial need, and good personal character
- Applicant must be a high school senior or graduate of a high school in Ferry or Stevens County, or of Selkirk High School, and plan to attend a state supported college or university in Washington
- Awards are granted primarily on the basis of financial need
- Merit and community involvement are also considered
Rika Ream Environmental Scholarship S
- Applicants must be residents of Spokane County currently enrolled, or enrolling, as a full-time college student to pursue a degree in environmental sciences or land management.
- Applicant must have a financial need and a minimum 2.5 GPA.
Mark and Kay Burkett Scholarship Fund S
- This scholarship has over $16,000 to award and is available to any student within our 20 county service area.
- Applicants must be American citizens demonstrating financial need and academic achievement. Preference shall be given to students with community service experience. Students must reside in or have attended high school within the geographic region served by the Foundation.
- Washington counties: Ferry, Stevens, Pend Oreille, Lincoln, Spokane, Adam, Whitman, Columbia, Garfield, Asotin
- Idaho counties: Boundary, Bonner, Kootenai, Benewah, Shoshone, Latah, Clearwater, Nez Perce, Lewis, Idaho
Inland Power and Light Excellence Award S Deadline: April 16, 2020
- 15 $1000 Scholarships awarded to students attending accredited schools in any state.
- For members or children of members of Inland Power
- Two short essays required
- Must send an official transcript postmarked by the deadline
Fire Fighters of Spokane County Fire Districts 9 &10 S Deadline: April 30, 2020
- Offered to two students at Mead, Mt. Spokane or Lakeside High School
- Essay: "How has organized union labor improved labor laws and how does it protect union workers and indirectly non-union workers?"
- 2 $1000 scholarships awarded
Alden Landis Memorial Scholarship So J S
- $3500 award
- You demonstrate financial need
- You successfully apply for enrollment in a summer study abroad, service trip, or a gap year program run by a 501(c)(3) public charity. Students must demonstrate a commitment to community service and learning about other cultures
Jim and Cheryl Strandy Commemorative Scholarship S
Spokane Regional Plan Center
- A student in good standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Planning to enroll or continue full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited higher education institution in the fall directly after your graduation from high school.
- Pursuing a degree in healthcare
- Legal US citizens or residents
- Applicant, parent, or legal guardian must be an employee of a company who is a member in good standing with the Spokane Regional Plan Center on the date of submission of his or her application
Spokane Kiwanis Charities Foundation S
- 15 Community Service Scholarships of $1,500 each for Spokane area seniors and graduates.
- These scholarships are awarded to the student who best epitomizes the Kiwanis mission of changing the world, one child and one community at a time.
- Students attending Lakeside High School are eligible for all scholarships
Marsden Scholarship S
- Demonstrate promise of academic excellence, from grades, scores and/or other factors
- Potential for success and leadership as evidenced by involvement in school, extracurricular and community activities, work and volunteer experience
- Please print the application checklist before applying
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE SAVED, AND MUST BE COMPLETED IN ONE SITTING...please allow ample time to apply
Bismark H. Turner Scholarship Trust S
- Criteria for selection includes possessing a scholarly disposition, high moral character and financial need
- Personal essay of no more than 400 words describing your involvement in the following areas: Extracurricular activities (including any work experience), community involvement, academic plans and/or final career goals
Edward W. Stimpson Scholarship S
- $5000 award
- University of Washington or Western Washington University students only
- Be interested in an aviation-related degree program, i.e. flight training, aviation management, aerospace engineering, aviation maintenance
Inland Northwest Dairy Women S
- You are pursuing studies in Agriculture, Nutrition, or Dairy Food Science
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Essay (500 words or less) describing your goals and why you would like to receive the scholarship
Mel Lindauer Eyes to the Future Scholarship S
Banner Bank/Spokane Indians Scholarship S
- Short goal statement required
- Demonstrate scholarship, leadership, community involvement, and character
- Those who attend Washington state colleges and vocational schools are preferred
- Winners will be invited with their families to attend a Spokane Indians baseball game, and be recognized as a scholarship award winners during an on-field ceremony
- The rules say that students must graduate from a school in Spokane county. Because the Nine Mile School District is within both Steven and Spokane counties, students at LHS are eligible to apply.
BYU Management Society S
- Do not have to attend BYU
- Essay (1000 words) about a leadership role you have taken and how you accomplished the goals of the organization
- Interview with an LDS ecclesiastical leader (bishop) demonstrating good character, community service and any special circumstances
Lakeside High School Scholarships
The Lakeside High School scholarships listed below will open late winter/early spring of 2020. These scholarships are awarded only to LHS Students.
Nine Mile Falls Education Association Scholarship S
- Applicants are evaluated on many criteria: Personal History,School Activities/Awards/Achievements, Non-school Activities, Community Service, Employment History, Statement of Goals, Other Scholarships Awarded and two letters of recommendation
- See Mrs. Mitzlaff in Counseling Office for more details
Kaylene Palaniuk Memorial Scholarship S
The Kaylene Palaniuk Memorial Scholarship was established by her parents after Kaylene passed away in an automobile accident December 2009. The Scholarship has been set forth to provide a onetime scholarship, annually, to a deserving student graduating from Lakeside High School in Nine Mile Falls Washington. This will keep Kaylene, and her accomplishments, alive and memorialized with all present and future students who attend Lakeside High School.
- Three (limit one-page) essays on assigned question topics
Nine Mile Community Club S
- Demonstrate a history of community service and be a resident of Nine Mile Falls
- Essay (500 words or less) on how you have worked to make a positive difference in your community
Taylor Galvin "Every Day Hero" Scholarship S
Lakeside High School is proud to offer a one-time scholarship in memory of Special Operations Aviator, U.S. Army, Taylor Galvin, LHS '02. Either one or two scholarships will be awarded and recipients will be notified at the LHS Academic Awards Night on May 29.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, students must:
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Complete the scholarship application
- Complete the essay portion of the scholarship
- Include an unofficial transcript
Lakeside Principals Scholarship S
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Looking to award a financial scholarship to a student who seeks to change the world through getting an education. Maybe you would like to be an engineer, a teacher, a lawyer, a doctor, a musician--how will you make the world a better place through your desired career choice?
- Essay (400-500 words) on how you will change the world through your desired education and career
Dr. Thomas Myers and Pacific Eye Care Science Scholarship S
- Must be interested in a STEM or health-care related major
Closed for 2019-20 School Year
WSU Regents Scholarship S Deadline: October 4, 2019 (Turn in application to Mr. Osborn)
Act Six Scholarship Deadline: November 5, 2019
- For seniors who plan to attend WSU
Must meet minimum criteria for the Regents Scholars program
Two scholars are selected by Mr. Osborn after he conducts interviews with eligible applicants
- You plan to attend Gonzaga or Whitworth
- You love your community and are willing to be a campus leader for four years
- You must attend weekly trainings downtown and arrange transportation
- Full-need scholarship for four years - worth $180,000 or more