Lakeside High School and Local ScholarshipsWho can apply? Look for your class icon!S - SeniorsJ - JuniorsSo - Sophomores
F - Freshmen
Local ScholarshipsMost of these awards are for students who live and/or attend a school in Stevens or Spokane County. Many scholarship essay questions remain the same year-to-year. Find the scholarships for which you qualify and start working on the essays even before they open.
See Mrs. Dallabetta or your counselor for help!
The scholarships with deadlines listed are open now.
WSU Regents Scholarship S Deadline: Sept. 18 (Turn in application to Mr. Osborn)
- For seniors who plan to attend WSU
Must have a 3.6 GPA or above
Two scholars are selected by Mr. Osborn after he conducts interviews with eligible applicants
The Hagan Foundation Scholarship S Deadline: Nov. 15, 2020
The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship designed to help high-achieving students from small towns and rural areas graduate college debt-free. Recipients must: a) graduate from a public high school located in a county having fewer than 50,000 residents, or b) graduate from a remote rural school located in a county having more than 50,000 residents. Hagan Scholars from 43 states are currently enrolled at 358 colleges and universities. Five hundred more scholarships will be awarded in April 2021.
The scholarship provides up to $48,000 over four years to attend college. Recipients must enroll at an eligible four-year not-for-profit college or university the first semester following high school graduation. Free Workshops, Schwab Brokerage Accounts, and Study Abroad provide recipients with a practical understanding of important life skills not typically taught as a part of the school curriculum.
Act Six Scholarship for Students Applying to Gonzaga and WhitworthDeadline: December 1, 2020
Lakeside High School Scholarships
- You love your community and are willing to be a campus leader for four years
- You must attend weekly trainings downtown and arrange transportation
- Full-need scholarship for four years - worth $180,000 or more
These scholarships are offered only to LHS Seniors and will open in early spring 2021
Kaylene Palaniuk Memorial Scholarship S
The Kaylene Palaniuk Memorial Scholarship was established by her parents after Kaylene passed away in an automobile accident December 2009. The Scholarship has been set forth to provide a onetime scholarship, annually, to a deserving student graduating from Lakeside High School in Nine Mile Falls Washington. This will keep Kaylene, and her accomplishments, alive and memorialized with all present and future students who attend Lakeside High School.
- Three (limit one-page) essays on assigned question topics
Lakeside Principals Scholarship S
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Looking to award a financial scholarship to a student who seeks to change the world through getting an education. Maybe you would like to be an engineer, a teacher, a lawyer, a doctor, a musician--how will you make the world a better place through your desired career choice?
- Essay (400-500 words) on how you will change the world through your desired education and career
Nine Mile Falls Education Association Scholarship S
- Applicants are evaluated on many criteria: Personal History,School Activities/Awards/Achievements, Non-school Activities, Community Service, Employment History, Statement of Goals, Other Scholarships Awarded and two letters of recommendation
- See Mrs. Mitzlaff in Counseling Office for more details
LHS Booster Club Scholarship S
The Lakeside Booster Club is a strong supporter of all activities at Lakeside High School, and would like to honor graduating senior(s) for his/her participation and dedication to Lakeside High School. This scholarship(s) will be offered to a graduating senior(s) who has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to extracurricular activities at Lakeside High School.
Email your completed application to email@example.com
- The applicant must have completed their senior year at Lakeside High School, fulfilled all graduation requirements, and plan to continue their education.
- Applicants must have participated in a given extracurricular activities for a minimum of 2 years. Those activities eligible are any LHS supported sport, music program or club which requires commitment outside of the regular school day.
- Applicants must plan to attend an institution of higher learning (college, vocational school, etc.) and funds will be dispersed directly to the institution upon proof of fall registration/class schedule.
Nine Mile Community Club S
- Demonstrate a history of community service and be a resident of Nine Mile Falls
- Essay (500 words or less) on how you have worked to make a positive difference in your community
Local Scholarships Coming Soon!Banner Bank/Spokane Indians Scholarship S
- Demonstrate scholarship, leadership, community involvement, and character
- Those who attend Washington state colleges and vocational schools are preferred
- Winners will be invited with their families to attend a Spokane Indians baseball game, and be recognized as a scholarship award winners during an on-field ceremony
- The rules say that students must graduate from a school in Spokane county. Because the Nine Mile School District is within both Steven and Spokane counties, students at LHS are eligible to apply.
BYU Management Society S
- Do not have to attend BYU
- Essay (1000 words) about a leadership role you have taken and how you accomplished the goals of the organization
- Interview with an LDS ecclesiastical leader (bishop) demonstrating good character, community service and any special circumstances
WSPE Engineering Scholarships S
- Must reside in Spokane County
- Six $4000 Scholarships
- Student wants to enter an engineering college next year
- Minimum SAT Math Score: 600 Minimum SAT Reading/Writing: 580
- Avg. GPA Grades 10 and 11: Minimum 3.0
Innovia FoundationAwards more than 100 scholarships per year to Washington state and northern Idaho students.
Complete one application to be considered for several awards.
Some Innovia Foundations Scholarships for Spokane and Stevens County Students:Lucille Hudon Scholarship S
Eileen Hutchison Scholarship S
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in the last two years of secondary education
- Have resided for two years in one of the following counties: Spokane, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, or Stevens Counties, WA: or Kootenai, Shoeshone, Bonner or Boundary Counties
Bess Mikalson Scholarship S
- Female students only
- Resident of Stevens County, Washington
- You are pursuing training in the medical health field
- Based on academics, financial need, and good personal character
- Applicant must be a high school senior or graduate of a high school in Ferry or Stevens County, or of Selkirk High School, and plan to attend a state supported college or university in Washington
- Awards are granted primarily on the basis of financial need
- Merit and community involvement are also considered
Rika Ream Environmental Scholarship S
- Applicants must be residents of Spokane County currently enrolled, or enrolling, as a full-time college student to pursue a degree in environmental sciences or land management.
- Applicant must have a financial need and a minimum 2.5 GPA.
Mark and Kay Burkett Scholarship Fund S
- This scholarship has over $16,000 to award and is available to any student within our 20 county service area.
- Applicants must be American citizens demonstrating financial need and academic achievement. Preference shall be given to students with community service experience. Students must reside in or have attended high school within the geographic region served by the Foundation.
- Washington counties: Ferry, Stevens, Pend Oreille, Lincoln, Spokane, Adam, Whitman, Columbia, Garfield, Asotin
- Idaho counties: Boundary, Bonner, Kootenai, Benewah, Shoshone, Latah, Clearwater, Nez Perce, Lewis, Idaho
Spokane Regional Plan Center
- Applicant, parent, or legal guardian must be an employee of a company who is a member in good standing with the Spokane Regional Plan Center on the date of submission of his or her application
Spokane Kiwanis Charities Foundation S
- 15 Community Service Scholarships of $1,500 each for Spokane area seniors and graduates.
- These scholarships are awarded to the student who best epitomizes the Kiwanis mission of changing the world, one child and one community at a time.
- Students attending Lakeside High School are eligible for all scholarships
Marsden Scholarship S
- Demonstrate promise of academic excellence, from grades, scores and/or other factors
- Potential for success and leadership as evidenced by involvement in school, extracurricular and community activities, work and volunteer experience
- Please print the application checklist before applying
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE SAVED, AND MUST BE COMPLETED IN ONE SITTING...please allow ample time to apply
Bismark H. Turner Scholarship Trust S
- Criteria for selection includes possessing a scholarly disposition, high moral character and financial need
- Personal essay of no more than 400 words describing your involvement in the following areas: Extracurricular activities (including any work experience), community involvement, academic plans and/or final career goals
Inland Power and Light Excellence Award S
- 15 $1000 Scholarships awarded to students attending accredited schools in any state.
- For members or children of members of Inland Power
- Two short essays required
- Must send an official transcript postmarked by the deadline
Inland Northwest Dairy Women S
- You are pursuing studies in Agriculture, Nutrition, or Dairy Food Science
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Essay (500 words or less) describing your goals and why you would like to receive the scholarship
Bloomsday Road Runners Club Scholarship S
- 3 Scholarships of $565 are available to only Cross Country and Track and Field participants and must be a graduating high school senior.
- The Scholarship money will be sent directly to the winner’s college/university of choice.
- Essay must be 300-400 words in length.
- Grading is based on content, spelling, grammar and neatness.
- A letter of recommendation from an educator is required.
Fire Fighters of Spokane County Fire Districts 9 &10 S
- Offered to two students at Mead, Mt. Spokane or Lakeside High School
- Essay: "How has organized union labor improved labor laws and how does it protect union workers and indirectly non-union workers?"
- 2 $1000 scholarships awarded
Mel Lindauer Eyes to the Future Scholarship S
- Short goal statement required
- One scholarship given to an Eastern Washington graduating senior