Local ScholarshipsScholarships with the earliest deadlines are listed first.
Act Six Scholarship for Students Applying to Gonzaga and WhitworthDeadline: November 30, 2021
- You love your community and are willing to be a campus leader for four years
- You must attend weekly trainings downtown and arrange transportation
- Full-need scholarship for four years - worth $180,000 or more
WSPE Engineering Scholarships S Deadline: February 7, 2022
- Must reside in Spokane County
- Five $5000 Scholarships
- Student wants to enter an engineering college next year
- Avg. GPA Grades 10 and 11: Minimum 3.0
- This year, students are not required to report an SAT or ACT score
Multiple Scholarship Opportunities!Lucille Hudon Scholarship S
Eileen Hutchison Scholarship S
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in the last two years of secondary education
- Have resided for two years in one of the following counties: Spokane, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, or Stevens Counties, WA: or Kootenai, Shoeshone, Bonner or Boundary Counties
Bess Mikalson Scholarship S
- Female students only
- Resident of Stevens County, Washington
- You are pursuing training in the medical health field
- Based on academics, financial need, and good personal character
- Applicant must be a high school senior or graduate of a high school in Ferry or Stevens County, or of Selkirk High School, and plan to attend a state supported college or university in Washington
- Awards are granted primarily on the basis of financial need
- Merit and community involvement are also considered
Rika Ream Environmental Scholarship S
- Applicants must be residents of Spokane County currently enrolled, or enrolling, as a full-time college student to pursue a degree in environmental sciences or land management.
- Applicant must have a financial need and a minimum 2.5 GPA.
Mark and Kay Burkett Scholarship Fund S
- This scholarship has over $16,000 to award and is available to any student within the foundation's county service area, which includes the following Washington counties: Ferry, Stevens, Pend Oreille, Lincoln, Spokane, Adam, Whitman, Columbia, Garfield, Asotin.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and academic achievement. Preference shall be given to students with community service experience. Students must reside in or have attended high school within the geographic region served by the Foundation.
Spokane Regional Plan Center
- Applicant, parent, or legal guardian must be an employee of a company who is a member in good standing with the Spokane Regional Plan Center on the date of submission of his or her application
Spokane Kiwanis Charities Foundation S Deadline:
- 13 Community Service Scholarships of $1,500 each for Spokane area seniors attending any college, and 4 additional scholarships for students attending SFCC or SCC.
- These scholarships are awarded to the student who best epitomizes the Kiwanis mission of changing the world, one child and one community at a time.
- Only students who live in Spokane County are eligible.
Marsden Scholarship S Deadline:
- Demonstrate promise of academic excellence, from grades, scores and/or other factors
- Potential for success and leadership as evidenced by involvement in school, extracurricular and community activities, work and volunteer experience
- Please print the application checklist before applying
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE SAVED, AND MUST BE COMPLETED IN ONE SITTING...please allow ample time to apply
Fairchild Spouses United Scholarship S Deadline:
- A spouse or dependent child of an active duty, reserve, guard, retired, or deceased military member associated with Fairchild Air Force Base.
- Awards are based on outstanding academic achievement, character/leadership qualities, and community involvement.
- The quantity and value of annual FSU scholarship awards are dependent on funds raised.
- Must have resided within a 60-mile radius of FAFB for 90 DAYS of the 2020-2021 school year.
Bismark H. Turner Scholarship Trust S Deadline:
- $5000 award; if more than one applicant meets the mandatory requirements and selection criteria, the committee can recommend up to 5 recipients.
- Criteria for selection includes possessing a scholarly disposition, high moral character and financial need
- Personal essay of no more than 400 words describing your involvement in the following areas: Extracurricular activities (including any work experience), community involvement, academic plans and/or final career goals
Spokane NAACP Lt Colonel Michael P. Anderson Scholarship S Deadline:
- Two $2,000.00 scholarships will be awarded on or before May 1st
- Student must hold a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher or have received their GED
- Scholarship recipients will be selected from students planning to enroll in the fall of 2021 in a post-secondary two-year or four-year college, university, vocational or technical schools, or in an apprenticeship program
Inland Power and Light Excellence Award S Deadline:
- 15 $1000 Scholarships awarded to students attending accredited schools in any state.
- For members or children of members of Inland Power
- Two short essays required
- Must send an official transcript postmarked by the deadline
Fire Fighters of Spokane County Fire Districts 9 &10 S Deadline:
- Offered to two students at Mead, Mt. Spokane or Lakeside High School
- Essay: "How has organized union labor improved labor laws and how does it protect union workers and indirectly non-union workers?"
- 2 $1000 scholarships awarded
Banner Bank/Spokane Indians Scholarship S
- Demonstrate scholarship, leadership, community involvement, and character
- Those who attend Washington state colleges and vocational schools are preferred
- Winners will be invited with their families to attend a Spokane Indians baseball game, and be recognized as a scholarship award winners during an on-field ceremony
- The rules say that students must graduate from a school in Spokane county. Because the Nine Mile School District is within both Steven and Spokane counties, students at LHS are eligible to apply.
BYU Management Society S
- Do not have to attend BYU
- Essay (1000 words) about a leadership role you have taken and how you accomplished the goals of the organization
- Interview with an LDS ecclesiastical leader (bishop) demonstrating good character, community service and any special circumstances
Inland Northwest Dairy Women S
- You are pursuing studies in Agriculture, Nutrition, or Dairy Food Science
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Essay (500 words or less) describing your goals and why you would like to receive the scholarship
Bloomsday Road Runners Club Scholarship S
- 3 Scholarships of $565 are available to only Cross Country and Track and Field participants and must be a graduating high school senior.
- The Scholarship money will be sent directly to the winner’s college/university of choice.
- Essay must be 300-400 words in length.
- Grading is based on content, spelling, grammar and neatness.
- A letter of recommendation from an educator is required.
Mel Lindauer Eyes to the Future Scholarship S
- Short goal statement required
- One scholarship given to an Eastern Washington graduating senior
YADDA Scholarship Program Deadline: April 1, 2022YADDA will be awarding two $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors or college students from Spokane County to help increase the awareness of domestic and dating violence in the community. To apply for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Plan to enroll or be enrolled in a community college, four-year university, or vocational school on either a part-time or full-time basis.
- Be a resident of Spokane County.
- Be a high school senior or college student from ages 17-30
- Complete the application and submit an essay, art, story, poem, video, skit, song, etc. that answers questions included in the application.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation: One from a teacher/professor or mentor and the other from a community leader or religious leader.
WSU Regents Scholarship S
Deadline: Turn in your completed application to Mr. Osborn by 2:00 September 20th
- For seniors who plan to attend WSU
Must have a 3.6 GPA or above
Two scholars are selected by Mr. Osborn after he conducts interviews with eligible applicants
Lakeside High School Scholarships
Will Open Spring 2022
Kaylene Palaniuk Memorial Scholarship S Deadline: Friday, April 30th
The Kaylene Palaniuk Memorial Scholarship was established by her parents after Kaylene passed away in an automobile accident December 2009. The Scholarship has been set forth to provide a one-time award, annually, to a deserving student graduating from Lakeside High School in Nine Mile Falls Washington. This will keep Kaylene, and her accomplishments, alive and memorialized with all present and future students who attend Lakeside High School.
- 3 (limit one-page) essays on assigned question topics
- 3 letters of recommendation
- 1 official transcript
Nine Mile Falls Education Association Scholarship S Deadline: Friday, April 30th by 2:00 PM
- Applicants are evaluated on many criteria: Personal History,School Activities/Awards/Achievements, Non-school Activities, Community Service, Employment History, Statement of Goals, Other Scholarships Awarded
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 1 official transcript
- See Mrs. Mitzlaff in Counseling Office for more details
Lakeside Principals Scholarship S Deadline: Friday, May 7 by 2:00 p.m.
- No GPA or test scores required!
- 2 awards will given, and one will go to a student attending a community college or trade program.
- Be a 2020-2021 Lakeside High School senior
- Complete the essay portion of the scholarship as directed
- Complete the scholarship application
- Turn the completed packet in by the scholarship deadline to the LHS front office.
Students who are chosen to receive a scholarship will be notified at the LHS academic awards night. There will be one or two recipients for this award. The amount of the scholarships will be determined by the amount of funds generated. Estimated at $300-$700. Late applications will not be accepted.
LHS Booster Club Scholarship S Deadline: Friday, May 7 by 2:00 p.m.
The Lakeside Booster Club is a strong supporter of all activities at Lakeside High School, and would like to honor graduating senior(s) for his/her participation and dedication to Lakeside High School. This scholarship(s) will be offered to a graduating senior(s) who has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to extracurricular activities at Lakeside High School.
- The applicant must have completed their senior year at Lakeside High School, fulfilled all graduation requirements, and plan to continue their education.
- Applicants must have participated in a given extracurricular activities for a minimum of 2 years. Those activities eligible are any LHS supported sport, music program or club which requires commitment outside of the regular school day.
- Applicants must plan to attend an institution of higher learning (college, vocational school, etc.) and funds will be dispersed directly to the institution upon proof of fall registration/class schedule.
Phase 1 Physical Therapy, PS STEM/Health Care Scholarship S
Phase 1 Physical Therapy, PS has served the Nine Mile Falls community since its inception in 2003. With a passion for exceptional patient care and commitment to service to the greater community at large, the providers and staff at Phase 1 Physical Therapy, PS are pleased to be able to support students who express an interest in helping others through a career in the STEM/Health Care fields.
- Lakeside High School senior
- Admitted or pending admission to a university or community college for the upcoming school year
- Planning on pursuing a degree in a STEM/Health Care field
- Completed application
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or school administrator
- Statement of completed community service
- Turn the completed packet in by the scholarship deadline to the LHS front office.
Deadline: Friday, May 14 by 2:00 p.m.