As School Social Worker and Dean of Students at Lakeside Middle School, Bob Cameron dedicates his time to helping ensure a safe, welcoming school environment while providing information and assistance to students and families to help students be successful in school. A sampling of the services he provides include:
Academic Monitoring and Coaching: Identify and track students with academic difficulties, develop Credit Summaries and Academic Improvement Plans , monitor progress, create academic contracts to avoid retention, being a resource and coach for students and parents in addressing difficulties in class work/organization/homework completion.
Counseling Coordinator: Provides supervision to graduate level School Social Work Interns from Eastern Washington University. Bob and his Interns are involved in:
- Mediation: Offering conflict resolution opportunities to students to resolve interpersonal difficulties that affect classroom performance.
- Teaching in-class health-related topics such as Bully/Harassment and Suicide Prevention, and Lifeskills Training curriculum
- Supportive Counseling with individual students.
- Teaching WOIS Career Exploration Program to 8th graders.
- Assisting with With middle school open house and new student orientation activities.
- Coordinating 5th-6th grade and 8th-9th grade transition activities.
- Teaching "Love and Logic", Student Study Skills, and other Student/Parent Education Workshops as needed.
Coordinating Student and Family Assistance Programs including HAAS Fund, Holiday Assistance List, Community Resource Directory and WEA Children's Fund distributions.
- LMS Library's Parent Resources (in pdf)